Without A Shadow of A Doubt


"If you really must know, ask your heart."
LoVe LuCy


Every morning, when I wake up in my new home, in Vancouver, I not only get to take in the beautiful picturesque city from over the water, but as well, a more deeply moving and magical sight. Standing tall amongst my view, atop a chimney, every single morning, since I have been living here, the last month; is a Blue Herring.



I now call Baby Blue. I didn't know what kind of bird it was, until I asked my friend, who I live with. The strangest and most powerful feeling would pour in my heart, as though the bird had some strange connection with me; more importantly, a very powerful message. Every morning, since I noticed her, I would wake up, and the first thing I would do, is rush to my window to see, if she, again, would be there. And she always is.



Many mornings the weather would be raining, cold, dark and very damp- but she would be there, high above the houses, almost like a sore thumb, withstanding whatever her circumstance. It has gotten to the point, that I would tear up, so emotionally, and actually thank her for being such a role model in my life, and allowing me to know that I, too, can withstand whatever my circumstances, should I so choose to.



Until this morning, I haven't looked up the meaning of the Blue Herring, though I have been meaning to since the first day we met. I woke up to her, again, this morning, beautifully nestled on her chimney top, and decided it was time, to see what she was meaning to tell me, even though I already knew. I wish to share with you this beautiful message, from a beautiful new friend of mine, as I also wish you a Happy Holiday, and all the confidence you can imagine for a prosperous, magical and abundant 2010.

Blue Heron - The Meaning:

According to North American Native tradition, the Blue Heron brings messages of self-determination and self-reliance.

They represent an ability to progress and evolve. The long thin legs of the heron reflect that an individual doesn't need great massive pillars to remain stable, but must be able to stand on one's own.Blue Herons have the innate wisdom of being able to manoeuvre through life and co-create their own circumstances.

Blue Herons reflect a need for those with this totem to follow their own unique wisdom and path of self-determination.

These individuals know what is best for themselves and need to follow their hearts rather than the promptings of others.

Those with the Medicine of the Great Blue Heron may sit until the rest of us lose patience. And, when they follow the promptings of the heart, they are one of the most magnificent when they choose to soar.This is the message that Blue Heron brings.



LoVe,

LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: