No "Buts" About It!


"Of all the things I may pretend I do not know- what I do know is that I always know."
It came to me in a dream, and after allowing myself to be who I was, and sit with what I felt because of it, it ended in a smile.
I must share with you, as I believe all of you can learn from my lesson.

Dream:

I sat in a passenger seat, and was looking in the side view mirror, still.
A voice, of whom I am not sure, asked me, knowingly:
"Are you staring in the side view mirror at what is behind you?"

To which, after hesitating, and contemplating a lie, I answered...
"Yes, I am. I am looking behind me. I admit it. I also want to admit to you, that I was going to lie, out of shame and guilt. I was going to say, defensively, that how dare you accuse me of looking in the past, and that you cannot prove I was.

But I realized then and there, that to not only deny, but to blame you, for what I was doing, would not help me in my growth.

So, yes, the first thing for me to do, is admit.
Admit that much of my time has been looking behind.
And so, whoever you are that is asking me this, I must thank you.
I am ready to admit to not just you, but to myself, that I realize that looking behind me will not help in my success.

I am ready to look forward.
And, if for some reason, I chose to look behind me again, I will simply sit, acknowledge, and make a shift in my view.

I will sit in the present, but with all eyes on the road ahead, as well."
Thank you whoever you are."

Then I woke up.
I woke up.
8:17am Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LoVe LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: