Mi aMoRe

"I have loved, and I have lost, but I have since found love for me"
LoVe Di



It is difficult to find love in another when we fail to find it within ourselves first.

Sure, we can attract many. We can, of course, lust after many.
Many...
Crushes, puppy love, physical, emotional, even very profound intellectual attractions.

Very deep, so much sometimes, we feel on top of the world.
We cannot ever imagine not being with this person.
They are our everything.
Our breath, our heart, our home sweet home.

But as time passes, we shift, we may start second guessing our feelings.
Perhaps they are no longer as deep and as magical as that first hour, week, month, even year that we were so enthralled in this God or Goddess.

What happened? What is wrong with them? Why are they no longer measuring up? They are not following through on what they lead us to believe is them.
They have changed. We start to get confused, even angry, and resentful.

Sound familiar?

I am not an expert.
If I was, I would have a Valentine love that has worked out thus far.
But, on my journey to find not just love to have in my life, but a journey to find what love means, I have an idea.

We meet others and we do fall for them.
We do find a love for them, that is unique.

But when we see changes, and see things falter, we can look within to see, that perhaps what we are expecting in them is what we truly expect in us.

If WE haven't gotten there yet, we cannot expect them to.
We attract people to help us learn where we are, where we want to be and how we want to live.

It is not to say that they are not "for" us.
But it is also not up to us to expect anything from anyone.
We must love others for who they are.
And that starts with loving ourselves.

If you can start loving you for what IS YOU, and not what you wish you can be, you will not only see yourself love others so much more quickly for who THEY ARE, but you will see yourself getting even closer to that purposeful place you are striving for.

Take it from me, Mi Amore...
LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: