Strong as a OX


"I may feel small, sometimes; but I secretly know I can move the world with a simple thought; To me, that's huge..."
Love Di
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interestingly enough, sometimes, we may think we get it, but there is still much more that we need to learn.
A feather over my feet obviously didn't allow me the perspective of how things can be easy if we allow them to.

I have since met the bird.

Without coincidence, I walked to a place out from my usual path, in my own backyard, to find a bird, now, not a feather, fall at my feet.
She was beautiful and gentle, yet I did have to ask why she remained so close, not scared so much as to fly from me, as we stood toe to toe.

My first instinct was that she was hurt- which I realized she was.
She was wounded at the chest, not allowing her to fly.
I wept in shock and she looked, still gentle, and so put together, though she was far from. She stood breathing, as I started to lose composure wondering what to do to help, as she remained without any sign of fright.
...........
Hours had passed, as she would stand there, still breathing, believing in life as it may.
Not knowing for certain, that hers, personally, would be a life, possibly taken today.

I prayed and I thought of her, as the sun would go down, and as it has it, high winds and soon, rain.
In the desert, I wondered of what fright she must feel, all alone, and still bearing her pain.

But she stood there, alone, and she took all that came her way, she put all of her doubts aside.
This small wounded healer, so innocent and sweet, not once has she ever since cried.

With the fear of her passing, finding her not surviving her storm, at last I walked away, and then slept.
I awoke to a backyard, minus one wounded; for she was furthest from anything inept.

She had not only experienced- she sat, patiently and persistently, believing that life takes its course.
And if you can open your heart out to faith and to love, there is no need for a space of remorse.

A small bird has taught the largest of lessons, of which I will carry each day.
That is it not that which happens, but how you react, and your strength when come as it may.

Love LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: