Stop & Snap

I know, like anyone else, the clear importance of stepping back to reflect on things; stepping out of a situation, to evaluate it, just to be sure you are looking at things clearly; stepping up when it is important to do so, if something is not working.

Cindy and I call this;

STOP & SNAP!!!

It is all too easy to get blind sided by things, life grabs us by, well, whatever it grabs us by, I think this depends on the person. I will say, "by your most vulnerable''' People and situations come into your life, that are not going to help you become the person you know you can be.

When this happens, I think one or two of many things can then happen.

You either go with it, make it work for you, in which case, really, you are now just compromising, and therefore, in my opinion, it is not working in your favour, but you are allowing it to, so you can feel good about keeping it in your life...

Or it finds its own way, in subltle hints, until you get that it isn't working, and something needs to change, and you change it...

OR, in some cases, we get the message in a less subtle, more "slap in the face way!" I am going to call this..

THE BREAK UP!

We all know it, we have all done it, and we have all had it done to us.

Yes, even you all out there.. I know who you are, who say they have always been the "Breaker", never the "Breakee..."

Now, it sucks. If you are the "breakee"...You go from on top of the world, to flat on your face, in some instances as fast as a split second.

How can it be? How does it happen??

Easily, it just does.

I have decided not to think of why it happens, but to instead just accept that it does... I am happy to report it has been a while, but it has in fact happened to me...

Accept and move on.

If you were happy a minute ago... Completely content with yourself, confident, excited, thrilled even, and then one second later, as the "Breakeee",you are now feeling like the ugliest person in the world, not worthy of love, care, commitment?

Then I guess I was wrong all along.

All of you who have said that you are only the "Breaker", you are right.

Because if you have been broken up with (my opinion, the Breakee), and in fact feel this same way I have described... the ugly, the unworhty, the rejected, unimportant?

You have in actuality broken up with yourself.

You are in fact the "Breaker..."

My point?

No one can make you feel these things about you, but you.

If relationships don't work out... which they won't all work out, that is why we have great friends; then let's build the best relationship with ourselves, so for the slim few of us who may some day end up the "breakee", it won't hurt as bad. It's like insurance. I think we can all use a little personal insurance, less expensive insurance that what we spend on for other things, like our cars, and homes... Don't we owe it to ourselves to insure in our own happiness with ourselves?

Or, if you want to steal our "Stop & Snap" to step back, out, and up, which may prevent you from the dreaded slap in the face scenerio, and you can figure out for yourself, when things are just not working out in your own best interest, you can... We do what works, and you should too.

It's all yours...

~Lucy Smiles~

No comments: