What if...?

What if I never had the chance to say "I love you" once more... what if?
What if your hand was not there for me to kiss and adore... what if?
What if I couldn't laugh at your joke, blush at your wink, ponder at questions you've caused me to think... what if?

What if your cold nose no longer pressed up against mine... what if?
What if I couldn't grab you so close to be sure you were fine... what if?
What if we weren't smiling in bliss, expressing our care, joining our heart with an amiable stare... what if?

Then no more will I risk the chance that it may
That it may, some or all, ever be taken away.
For the only promise we have is to be here and be now
This can at any time be taken from us... taken, somehow.

Enjoy every love, every laugh... and enjoy every wink ...
And the moments that cause you to be tickled so pink.

Remember to smile, and to show that you care
Whether to say "I love you", or express in a stare

We are often bombarded by the craze of the day...
But can never be certain it won't be taken away.

If you love, then love deeply, show passion and bliss
For remember if all taken, so much you would miss.

What if you had only one special moment, just one special gift.
What if only at this time can you proclaim love and gratitude... what if?

No comments: