the world according to my shoes

Ok.. to the average almost 30 yr old, the thought of turning 30 is fricken scary... To the average almost 30 yr old, the thought of losing, say, 22 pairs of shoes is fricken scarier!!!!!!!!!

Thank Goddess for not being average!
None of us are!!!!

Lose my shoes 3 days before my 30th???? Do the math.

30 yrs old inT-3 days+wardrobe-22 pairs of shoes=Fricken CRAZY!
HAHAHAHAHA.


I was surprisingly calm...wasn't I, Cindy?
I know, I couldn't believe it myself.
Then my Aunt Sue said, as she laughed over the phone:

"Honey, you walked a mile in those shoes, you need not repeat another step!"

Wow.....

So, I have to be honest... I saw the world in a very different way with those shoes. And certainly seeing the world better, without.

"Things are things", and when you lose something, it is easily replaceable.
I have no problem losing things in my life.

I lost my shoes in my own backyard, I will now travel the world to replace them!!!!

Cherish the people and the experiences in your life...

It is wonderful, now that I have taken those shoes off, I am more than ever ready to walk forward.

With each pair I remember, I can take another strip off my layers, like finally seeing the woman that was hiding behind the mask...

"Hold on to the things that matter, let go of the things that don't"
Know the difference.
It is magical....

~Lucy Smiles... at the world according to her shoes~

No comments: