Alive & Kicking


"Seeing is believing, if only you believe."
LoVe LuCy


There really is a person for every job. I spent the first part of my Monday morning happily organizing my business notes, and goals for the new month, excited to get a fresh start to February, and to use whatever lessons I learned last month, to put to good use. As the rest of my morning proceeded, unfortunately not much of what I was executing had much to do with my passion or the goals I had set out for the month, just hours before. I didn't feel so alive in that moment, and felt I needed more, to kick things up a notch. As I started to get a bit down and drained, losing some of my motivation- I looked up, and it was already time for lunch.

Gladly I made my way home to yummy food, and just in time for a little taste of Oprah TV to boot.

It is so strange how things always come to you right when you need them most. Low and behold on Oprah today, featured a President of a Waste Management company, who went undercover to learn the various roles of just a select few of the thousands he had employed under him. Amidst the experience, the major lesson he learned was just how passionate those in the least desirable positions were about their job!

It didn't matter that one man spent all his working hours literally cleaning what many of us would only lose sleep over; he actually did his job with conviction to get it done, and done right.

Needless to say, coming back to my office after swallowing myself pity, with my salmon, I realized, yet again, that it really never is what we are doing, but always how we are and how we behave, in what we do. I am very blessed that the role I have made a decision to be in, right now, is one that is so flexible, casual and allows me a chance to learn many things about business, to take into my own business, for growth and Leadership.

And sometimes it takes watching others take lead in their own life, in situations that would otherwise lead you to believe they must be miserable!

"Happiness is an inside job" I remember reading on a shirt years ago...
...sometimes I need to be reminded, too.

LoVe,
LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: