Puppy Love

"If we gave the same love to others as we gave our dogs, we would be one big happy family!"LoVe LuCy

I remember Kindergarten, my first puppy love. Yup. I was just 4 1/2 years old. I never wondered if we would last. I never worried about what tomorrow was going to bring. I simply enjoyed what I felt in my heart, about the joy that was experienced during that "now" in my life. I just, today, through a major prompting this weekend, a light bulb that there was an energy awaiting, rescued a dog; 4 1/2 years old.

Her name is Lola.So crazy.I always wanted a dog named "Lola. Reading her chart, "so afraid of being hit in the head; trust is no longer something she dispenses easily. Of all maybe 50 dogs, I stopped and kneeled at her.

She wanted nothing to do with me.She had been physically and emotionally abused by men. She lived in a car, 24/7 and was very hard to trust, or be trusted. My first instinct was to love her. And my second- was to walk away. Imagine?

When do we do that?In life, when do we decide, something or someone is too much for us, we must walk away.Instead, save ourselves.INSTEAD of save others. In my own experience, life and love gives you only what you are TO be given. We may not realize, that when we think we are helping others, really they are ALSO helping us.

My beautiful and troubled, Miss LoLa sMiLeS. The newest addition to my life.I knew, right then, right there, you were brought to me.And yes, Vice Verse. I guess that's what they mean by; GIVE TO GIVE. This smile is dedicated to Kody Bateman, Founder and CEO of SendOutCards.Without your prompting to change the world, We, Roger and I, wouldn't be where we are, and Lola would not be in our lives.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Love LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: