Seriously?


"It's never so much what we want to achieve.
Rather, how much we want to achieve it!" Love Di
I was speaking to someone the other day of how we don't realize our education does actually get us somewhere, whether or not we believe so, if our career visions don't match the paper we received before getting to where we are.

Since I was a little girl, I always had a passion to have my own greeting cards. I was an avid drawer, and won many ribbons for my work, since Kindergarten. So much that years and years passed, and when I was 18 years old, my best friend and I planned this wonderful business of having our own greeting cards. Targeting teenagers and college students, with funky designs, cool and funny quotes and pictures of chaotic experiences of life as a student, we knew we were going to be a hit.
Having planned this, we realized in order to market this we would have to have a clue in Marketing 101. So, like any intelligent students would do, we up and left our small town and headed for a 3 year Business Marketing Degree Program at one of the top Colleges.

We both graduated, and moved on to work in our fields, but left one thing behind in our travels.

Our Greeting Card Business.

As luck would have it, four years after I graduated, I was blessed with many exciting high profile corporate career positions. However, I was not feeling as though I was really making my mark with my passions and creativity.

Having my education landed me Marketing positions in the exciting world of Fashion, to Executive Support in one of the largest International Gold Mining companies, but I didn't feel like I was really striking my success that was screaming in my heart.

It took moving across the country, and numerous positions, before I positioned myself in the perfect place at the perfect time, stumbling upon one of the most magical, inspiration and outstanding Greeting Card companies that I now have my own business with, following my passions and my purpose every single day I wake up to a new chance to help the world.

I could say I certainly don't need that piece of paper that claims my Education, right?
If it weren't for the steps I took, and the patience and persistence to believe I will find my way, whichever way that is, I seriously believe I may have missed my mark.

Every step we take is a progression to the next phase of our lives. What you do today does not mean you will be doing it tomorrow, but we must understand the serious impact our growth has on our ability to reach that goal, claim that passion as ours, and create a life where we can wake up EVERY day and say;
"This is seriously the best day of my life"

LoVe LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: