Have Mercy!



"There is almost no better a feeling than letting a painful feeling go!"
LoVe Di



When my sister and I were younger, we never had a lack of games to play to keep us busy.

Most were either with ropes, rocks, chalk, crayons, snow and in some special cases, ice rain.That's a whole other "smile."

There is one particular game that came to my mind this morning.
I not only forgot about this game, I forgot why we would play it in the first place.

Now, please let me set a disclaimer- in no way am I discriminating any race, or group, as I am merely explaining this game to make a point.

And the name of the game is:
"Indian Rubber Burn."

Have you ever heard of it?
My sister, or myself, would take eachother's wrist and twist it, burning the skin, until the other person would yell "MERCY".

I haven't dared look up the origin of this game, if it is in fact, googleable.
(I think I just make that word up.)

Why? Why would we involve ourselves with such a mean game, other than to excruciatingly inflict pain?

Then I realized, perhaps it was simply so I can understand the human psyche 25 years later!

How far are we willing to bear pain of experiences before we are ready to let go and surrender to the universe and release the negative that is hindering our growth?

I will be honest. Of all the forgetting of the game, and the reason for the game, I do remember that I was one tough cookie.

I would endure a long while and some red wrists, before screaming to be saved from the pain.
How far are you willing to go, before you let things go?
And how much self pain is enough before you let yourself live, freely and in love of what is?

I say HAVE MERCY!

LoVe LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: