If You Say So



"Ask and you shall recieve, just be careful what you ask for!"

LoVe Di

I read a book over ten years ago, l that will always stick in my head, no matter where I am in my life.
We have all heard of the "Law of Attraction", and this specific book goes right back to the simple act of asking.
In "Aladdin Factor", by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, we learn that we can have anything we wish, if we dare to ask for it.

In our daily lives, you and I, I can be sure to say that we are not sitting with "everything" we wish we had, at this very moment.

If all we have to do is ask, why don't we do just that?
It is not just a matter of asking, but knowing that we are worthy.

I know, in my life, I have always been in that state of "just getting by", so my life seemed to have this pattern.

I never thought of asking for more than what I had.
I thought that was enough, as I was safe and sound, and always seemed to be cared for.
Others needed more than I did.

Even to the point of little things, in terms of going above what I would normally do in terms of asking for more than I had.

I have an experience of this.
Recently, my girlfriend and I ( and you know who you are) were in San Diego at a Hotel.
We were to have 2 beds in our room, but in checking in to the actual room, came to find only one bed.

In response to this, she was going to compromise her comfort offering to settle for the one bed, and said she would sleep on the chair.

This is unlike her, as she is a very successful business woman, definitely asking for what she wants and deserves in other aspects of her life, so why skimp now?

Of course, the bed could have been shared, however the fact is that we were very much entitled to 2 beds, and the hotel was very much able to provide this for us.
We all do this. We need to understand that there are many aspects of our lives, where we skimp on asking for what we want.

I would have been completely fine, years ago to settle and not say anything, but in thinking about it, I knew it was a simple matter of asking.

Ask and you shall receive; don't ask- don't get.

LoVe LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: