"ROAD WORK AHEAD"



"Not following my dreams must feel worse than following them...

I think I will follow them, then decide.
~Di
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It came to me this morning, while I was on my walk, just how important it is to go that extra step in making things happen.

I know if you are like me, I am a creature of habit.
But as we very well know, we cannot continue to do the same things, and expect different results. And that is fine if what we are doing is creating the most outstanding results on a daily basis, from our work; but if we are expecting more, we simply must do more.

There is no telling how much momentum is created by taking your passions or dreams one step further.

I had an epiphany this morning.
I must share.

I walk the same way, pretty much every day, for my hour walk.
Out of my house, to the right, and around a large block to get to the coffee shop, out the door of the coffee shop and then continue making a full clockwise journey back to my home.

This morning, I decided to take it one extra large block, just going further before making the same path back. While I was in the coffee shop, in my mind, I decided I may go back the same way I came, instead of my usual way around.

As I got out, with my coffee, I automatically continue "forward" and realized, I was not to go "back" the way I came....

To my sweet surprise, I ran into an old dog, 16 years old, name "Lucky", and stopped. I stared in his eyes, and the owner said no one ever stops to pet him, as they are afraid.

As I said goodbye and walked way, I felt this sense of blessing for life, and making the small things really count. I teared up, thinking of the Dog, and I turned around and the dog had followed me half a block.

I pet him again, and thanked him for reminding me how lucky I am, and as I walked forward, I came across a sign "Road Work Ahead".

None of which would have happened if I backtracked.
I wouldn't have met lucky, and I would have realized that going the extra step, pays off. But you must take action and work for what you want in life.

As luck would have it, no one can do it for you.
But it is worth it in the end.

LoVe LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: