Because I Can



There is really nothing specific I wish to write. But I will write, still, because I can.
This morning, I have woken, I have walked, I have talked...

Because I can.

Today, I will work, I will visit, I will shop and I will sit still.

Because I can.

Perhaps, as well, I will yell, scream, complain, nap, eat, or argue...

September 11- Not only have people lost their lives, on this day, but lost the love of their lives... Family members, wives, husbands, children;

You name it, one was lost.

The fact that today, for all those reading, and I, who is writing, have not only a choice of what we want to do with our lives, but that we have a choice to do anything.

We can sit in peace, and reflect; give thanks; feel compassionate sorrow for those who, today, will be in grieving, in remembrance for what has directly impacted every part of their existence.
But WE CAN do more. We must represent what it looks like, and feels like, to be given this gift of life, in every breath we take- breathe thanks.

We don't know what tomorrow will bring. We don't even know as far as what the next moment will bring, we know this for sure.
But we woke up. And we are still here.

To even be given the choice to make the same mistakes as we did yesterday, let's be thankful.
To then know that we can use the mistakes that we made as lessons, using the gift of today to better ourselves, because of them; and even more so tomorrow, if in fact, we are presented with the gift of tomorrow, miraculously, again.

Do whatever it is that you can;
Because you can.

Love LuCy sMiLeS

2 comments:

Christina Ambubuyog said...

so beautiful! we are blessed. so blessed.

Unknown said...

hello there,
chrissy (beechrissy) sent me ur blog link... & i am glad she did... i havent come around 2 reading all ur writings, but of the ones so far, i really enjoy them... i like ur writing very much; there is definitely the sense of peace, compassion, love, truth 2 ur writings...

if u dont mind i will leave comments as i read ur pieces... also, chrissy sent me ur link b/c i, too, am a "writer"... its just a passion of mine that i recently have taken more seriously & definitively... i already kno we write on similar things... i would be honored if u visited my blog (of poetry) & read some of my writing! i dont have any formal training, but i want 2 publish something in time & pursue this 4 my life...

im glad also found a method 2 incorporate a business in2 it... that is something id like 2 do also!

well, here is my blog:
http://dreamsoflucidity.wordpress.com

thanx 4 ur time~