Self Serve


It always seems as though we are much more willing and seemingly able to lend a hand and help out others, when they are in need.

When it comes to “self”, we are more hesitant about putting ourselves first, or creating our lives and all that surrounds us, to be comforting and sufficient.

Driving the other day, I realized my gas tank was running on empty, and I waited until “Gas Tank Low” light came on. You would think this would prompt me to take action immediately… Still I waited until I knew I had hopefully just enough gas to get me to the station to fill up.

This got me thinking. Why do I do this?
In other areas of my life, I realized I let things run on almost empty before I take care, to refresh, renew and regroup, and this causes not only physical exhaustion, but stress to get too much done at once, causing me to feel overwhelmed. This could have very well be prevented, had I just tended to the issues at hand when I knew they needed tending to.

Very simple, this may seem-but in reflection, I see that I am last to be served, when in fact I should self serve first and foremost, as it will allow for a healthier well being, in all aspects, be it emotional, physical, intellectual or spiritual.

We need to Self Serve. By doing so, we create a fine balance in our lives and our relationships.

Self Serving is not a selfish act- quite the opposite.

LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: