Write On... Write Off?


Think of how many thoughts we have in a day. Think of how many times we write things down on either a “post it” note, the corner of a workbook page, the back of a receipt, or even on our hands, to remind us of things we don’t want to forget. Things we wish to follow up on, either with ourselves, or others.

Now, for all of those times, answer me this.
How many times have you gone back to these important “reminder” notes, but only days, weeks a months later? A bit too late, for its purpose… The receipt that falls out of the book you were reading, 3 months ago, that had the reminder for you to start a diet regime, Monday, because you saw a clip on Oprah Friday afternoon, with a world famous Author on a new health book, to help you feel your best in two weeks flat!

Only that two weeks ago, was to be 3 months ago, and so 3 months have passed, and you certainly don’t feel any better than you did writing down the reminder on that receipt?
I know, I have been there.

For me, I actually found the Health Book I urgently ordered on Amazon, because of this world Famous Author.
And it was not 3 months ago, it was 9 months ago. I know because, I glanced at my bookshelf this weekend, and picked out a book, and the receipt for my payment fell out of the front cover, that had the date on it. A book I ordered… A book I never read.

I was so adamant, and it was so important to me, at the time, to get it. But I never even opened the book. Except of course to place the folded bill of sale in it, for safe keeping.

We need to take more ownership for things that are important to us. This is a reflection of how important we are to ourselves.
If we are going to write something down, because it is important enough to us, that we want to follow through, then well, let’s follow through.

I have found the best thing for me is to carry around a small book that will be convenient no matter what I am wearing, where I am going, I will always have the opportunity to take it with me, and hold it near and dear to me, just as the thoughts, the follow through notes I write to myself.

And it doesn’t do any good to write, without reviewing. So make a plan to have review and reflect so you don’t only follow through 9 months after you wrote it down.

Recommended reading:

“YOU- the Owners Manual”
By Dr. Oz
“as seen on Oprah”

I haven’t read it yet, but it must be good, if I so urgently ordered it on Amazon- 9 months ago.

LOL!
THE IRONY!!!!!!


write-off
–noun
Informal. a person or thing that is given up as hopeless or pointless
a reduction in book value; depreciation.
A reduction or depreciation of the entered value of an item.


LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: