What would you call it?

You know when you are not sure what the answer is? You can warrant a guess, you can think of 2 more that it could be, but you are sooo second guessing yourself, you are sick to your stomach?

You're thinking, "Yes, I am sure this is it, this is the one, the one answer that is the right answer!" Or, say, you are sure what the answer is, completely confident! Then days later, or even just the afternoon... after the morning of knowing the answer... your answer is completely different? Both just as much justified as the other? And you wonder how you even thought the first answer was the right answer????

Back up.....

I may have gotten off track. I guess I just assume you understand exactly what I am saying, only becuase I understand.

K...

Life. It is about making decisions. Many many decisions. And, for the most part, we can at least be pretty much on track with what makes sense, and what doesn't. We have our integrity ( I hope) to allow us to make the ethical decisions... Those are the easy times, when we don't usually have to second guess what is right vs. wrong.

But then there is that in between. The "grey" area. That area where we know that one answer will be so crucial to the end outcome and that we go nuts overanalyzing what will become should we make one decision over another.

What would you call this?
We can call it "second guessing"... only chances are that we are third, forth..., and in advanced cases, fifth guessing. Because once we realize there is more than one option to take, we then sit, and and say to ourselves, "Well, hey if there is more than one,there is certainly more than two, and three, and so forth...

What we need to realize, in the end, with all this paranoia that we are going to change the course of our lives, and never be able to go back to make that decision over again, when questioning after making the decision, that "oh my gosh, perhaps that was the wrong decision" is:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A WRONG DECISION!!!

Wow, really?
Yup, really.

I am looking back on all (well, maybe not all, my memory doesn't serve me that well) the decisions that got me to right here... right now...

This is where I am. I made every single decision to get me to now. Sitting, writing this blog, having a glass of wine... Hoping that I am going to make the right decisions for tomorrow, for Sunday... Most specifically, next week, and even more so the week after next.

But you know what?

I am not going to make the decisions for those times, right now. I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Because every decision I make up to that time, will influence the decision I make then. So I needn't worry about it, and instead enjoy this moment... It's all I have. It is all any of us has.

And I know that so many exciting things can happen from this moment on, I am more excited to pay attention to those exciting things, than to skip ahead in my mind and try to make decisions for times that really don't even exist. They exist in my head now, but they will not, after I live the next minute, and make a decision in that moment to carry me onto the next.

That is what I will call a "second guess"- a guess this very second, for what is to come... Just that! A "guess'! I have no idea what it really is going to be, and what will really become of my life! That will only happen, when I walk through life, making intuitive decisions along the way.

So live for what IS, not for what you "guess" for things to become.

And while you are at it, "be" NOW, who you are wishing for you to "become" LATER. Because chances are the person you are wishing to "become" is actually "you" NOW... only you are stealing from your own potential, and deciding that you have more and more work to do on yourself to be that "better person" soon, or later...

Just let things be, do things you want to do, go with the flow, and let the flow take you sometimes, too.

We all need a break. And guess what? We are allowed.

And if you feel guilty for not always having all the answers... guess what? Neither do I, and neither does anyone you know... Yeah, even those who look, and may even act like they have all the answers.

And there is no right or wrong answer, when you do find yourself having an answer.
Your life will go on, the way it will, not the way it is "supposed to be."
There is no such thing. You and I have decided that, amongst all of our decisions.

No matter if you believe something else would have happened had you made the "other choice"... OF COURSE IT WOULD.
That is black and white.

But what does it matter? It didn't happen. And it never will, so it doesn't exist.
Isn't life complicated enough?

Do we REALLY have to sit and ponder the other lives we would lead?

Let's leave that for the after life, and just chill out, and and enjoy the life we have now.


This happened, this right now.That is all we have...

So you can enjoy it, embrace it, and be thankful for all that you have.
Or you can second guess everything you have ever done.

I myself don't have enough time for that.
There is too much to see, too much to live for...

And as for my initial question:
"What would you call it?
I have decided to take back

There is enough to decide already, why overanlayze things even more:)
_______
Something tells me there is more to see...
Definitely more than what I thought could be...

Don't think of what you could've done...Just do the things you do...
And try to do the best and right things just for you...

Oh, and have tons of fun doing it too...

LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: