"August"- What does it all mean?


"August" by definition signifies "dignity and self-respect.” Of “high rank” … Admiration and being in awe of something, we can classify it as “august.”
Similar words are “magnificent, which is then also portrayed to be “gorgeous”
Noble is another significance of being august, which then flows into “high morals.”

Well, it is now the month of August.

Do you consider yourself “August”?

Are you in awe with who you are, and do you have your dignity, and self respect still all in tact?
If not, why not use August as the month of reflection.
High five yourself for everything you have accomplished.
And, remember that we still have a solid 5 months to attain the goals we still have yet to attain, for the year, and a lifetime to do all that we have been planning to do for ourselves. No rush…. But is anything holding you back?

We just have to be sure we are striving for “august”, and not something that can sabotage us right from the get go!

Let me explain:

I was working on a document this morning, when a wise Asian gentleman with whom I work came over to me, straight out of the blue, and said;
“If we always seek perfection, we will always be miserable”

I looked up at him, as though, he was reading my mind.
Check, double check, triple check… One last walk through the document…

I felt I was spending too much time doing what I was doing, because I feared it was not perfect!

Then he continued…

“When we are looking for perfection, we are really in search for flaws…that is what we are really searching for in the search for perfection.
This is what makes us miserable. There is no such thing as perfection.
We will always find flaws…

This is what makes us miserable.
Search for perfection, and you will always be miserable…

Then he simply walked away.

How does this pertain to August?

I have decided that the opposite of “perfection”, for me, is “august.”

August can only exist once you rid your search for perfection.

LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: