3 FLAVOURS

When we look at our decisions, and what we have going on in our heads, we need to step back.

What are we really thinking.

In life, we have so many possibilities, so many choices. Many times, we are ale to chose more than one choice. We are not just given one option. We can have two, three, five. I call these flavours.

When we were kids, we chose what flavour to have in our ice cream cone.
I was a bit different, I loved maple walnut. my Dad's favorite.

I chose alot of the things my Dad loved.

But, I would always see my sister chose neopolitan, vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. I always thought, WOW, she got to have 3 flavours of ice cream! How wonderful.

I still, however, even when we only had the neopolitan in the house, would only chose one of the flavours.I couldn't possibly accept three flavours at one time.

Why is that?

I compare this to my adult decision making. What I think I deserve, when making decisions. My career, material possessions, relationships.

We are programmed to believe that we should not take all things that are offered to us. In love, we are sure we have to compromise things that we may feel we cannot live with compromising. Don't get me wrong, we need to be able to compromise some
things, absolutely. But we really are entitled to have all that makes us happy, and centred, and truly one with ourselves. We don't have to settle for only some of what we want in life. This is a choice. We can have abundance.

But, we feel if we chose to strive for all of what we want, instead of oly some, we can be looked at as selfish.

What we don't realize, is that there is always enough to go around.
And us being completely happy, in turn makes the people around us happy, and eventually this brings harmony overall. This is a selfless act.

We are all "miracles undercover", I like to call us.

So, instead of selling yourself short, and only allowing yourself some, half or a third of what you are being offered, or of what you want, take all three, and take it happily.

You are worth 5 flavours.

Why do you think there were 3 in the first place.

If the universe only wanted you to have one, it would only offer you maple walnut.
And chances are you might politely decline.

So eat up!
And hurry, summer is almost over!!!

LuCy sMiLeS

No comments: